[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Casual Observation

Last night was one of the few nights the skies were clear along the coast
this summer in Oceanside. I saw two slower + 3 meteors near the East
limb of Cassiopia, toward M-34,  fall within 10 seconds of each other. The
first appeared to be foreshortened and therefore close to the radiant and
fell towards the north, the second was about three times longer and fell
towards the south within a very short distance of the first meteor (maybe
2 degrees). The only other meteor I saw in an hour, I use the binoculars
much of the time, was a speedy +8 or +9  meteor heading north near
Andromeda that I saw with binoculars.

     Last night was the first night I've been able to see Andromeda clearly
with averted vision in about two years here at home 2 miles from the
coast.

                                              Dave English
                                       Oceanside, California