[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Semi-casual observations; September 20-21

Wes,

I would suggest getting the Atlas Brno charts. They are by far the
easiest to use in the field. The limiting magnitude on those charts is
6.5 so there are many more stars available to help achieve an accurate
plot. They are available from me for only $4 a set. I can scan an
example of one if you are interested.

I use a shoestring to help align the plot. I have a long string so I can
go as far as necessary until I find two stars that lie precisely along
the path. The tricky part is recalling just where the meteor occurred
along this line.

I hope you consider more plotting as it provides another dimension to
the numerical data.

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford