[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) point meteors and Binocs

I would like to hear opinions on these topics.

I wont do this during the Leonids but ....
Is the radiant the best place to attempt binocular observations of meteors during a shower ?

What are the odds ...in your opinions... of  seeing meteors during the second peak from the U.S (in full daylight).     It would seem that, though the radiant is low, a rate of 8 or 10 thousand per hour  may produce several meteors in the -12th mag. category in any observers sky here is the U.S.----
with chances improving from east to west across the U.S.

Tom