[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) point meteors and Binocs

Tom Fleming asks:
>Is the radiant the best place to attempt binocular
>observations of meteors during a shower?

Actually, Tom, I know of at least one researcher who would be *very glad*, if
you were to try doing Telescopic (includes binoculars) Meteor plotting during
the Leonid peak night! :)  Malcolm Currie is also probably the best person to
answer Tom's question about plotting chart positions...

And BTW, for those who may be interested in planning some TM work any time of
the Leonid activity period (14-21 Nov), it will be helpful to know well ahead
of time which IMO TM charts would be most helpful to use during the period. If
you can post all such information, Malcolm, I also will place it up on the
Telescopic Meteor page at http://www.meteorobs.org ...

(For myself, I will probably lack the discipline to do TM on the PEAK night.
But still, I do intend to bring an appropriate telescope, 5" f/5 refractor,
and Malcolm's IMO TM charts with me, where ever I happen to be that week!)

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer

Follow-Ups: References: