[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Radio Leonid question

The last radio meteor observation I did of the Leonids was in 1998 during
the great fireball storm. I remember then that the sky seemed to super
saturate with ionosation so that getting a count of individual meteors was
nearly useless in the midst of the long train reflections.

Is there a prediction this year for Leonid forward scatter reception? Will
there be dense smoky trails and super saturation? Or will particles be
generally smaller?

Did the sky super saturate for long periods during 1999 and 2000 Leonid
showers?

Any forward scatter predictions?

Tom Ashcraft
Lamy, New Mexico