[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Radio Leonid question

Hello Thomas Ashcraft

>The last radio meteor observation I did of the Leonids was in
>1998 during the great fireball storm. I remember then that the
> sky seemed to super saturate with ionosation so that getting
>a count of individual meteors was nearly useless in the midst
>of the long train reflections.

Yes, I know the situation in 1998.

>Is there a prediction this year for Leonid forward scatter
>reception? Will there be dense smoky trails and super
>saturation? Or will particles be generally smaller?

In this year, I heard their magnitude will be darker than 1998.

>Did the sky super saturate for long periods during 1999 and
>2000 Leonid showers?

Although I observed Leonids in 1999 and 2000, I could count
meteor echoes.(no-useless).

Any forward scatter predictions?

Maybe, this year is all right ??

with best wishes
Hiroshi Ogawa

Hiroshi Ogawa (University of Tsukuba, JAPAN)
mailto: HZH02257@nifty.ne.jp
homepage: http://homepage2.nifty.com/~baron/