[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Radio Sky-Pipe software

Message text written by INTERNET:meteorobs@atmob.org

"
KERMAZdear friends,

There is any possibility the same meteor produce several echoes with
two different transmitters ?

My idea is that here in europe there are a lot of transmitters and the
territory is relatively small. So a meteorite crossing our sky can
passes above them and can generate different echoes. I have recorded
such twin echoes with the same pattern (same signature), spaced by
about 200 Hz and with about 1/2 second delay.

Any information on that ?

Best regards

John
ON4EU

merlin.radio.obs@wanadoodot be
"

Hi John and all,

Working multiple radios/frequencies and separate antennas is pretty
interesting to do. At one time I had four radios ( at different FM
frequencies) and four antennas operating in a fanned shaped array. I would
often receive meteors passing through all four antennas. You can tell
directionality of the meteors at least. Many various patterns of meteors
show up.

Lately I have been radio observing Jupiter and the Sun using Radio-SkyPipe
software which you can get free at www.radiosky.com  Using this software
you can actually feed your realtime chart into the internet and connect to
other observers who are on-line at the time...and you have the ability to
see their charts on your screen along with your own chart. This means that
observers in different locations can observe the same event ( like a single
meteor) and compare the event in real time....and also be able to "chat"
about it in realtime as well. All on-line, no delay or anything.   It is
quite phenomenal software and should be very useful to meteor observers
everywhere.

www.radiosky.com       Radio Sky-Pipe software      free

Tom Ashcraft