[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonids 2001

Greetings Leonids!
Leonids in November.
I have been reading that there is a great chance of there being a " storm "
(and not one
simple " rain ") on November 18.  We will have a dawn without
Moon.  The only thing that discourages a little is that all the forecasts
they indicate the peak of the storm in schedules favorable for us
Brazilian.  But as those forecasts the times wander per hours and even
one day is almost worthwhile to plan observation vigils.  All the
forecasts indicate a considerable increase of the number of meteors.
Thus, Brazil will be out of the maxima foreseen for Leonids - the
first pick happens the 07:00 hour of Brasília, clear day and the
Monday we are on the other side of the globe. Besides, we will be in
schedule of Summer. -2 UT.
I wait that the forecasts, at least of this time they have wandered (sorry
my petulance). In the year of 1998, I got to count 130 Leonids in 3 hours of
observation, unhappily it went in to city with a very small area of visible
sky, and the time was magnificent. It went to more beautiful rain of meteors
that I saw, big, brilliant, with long luminous traces. Celestial hugs
Rosely - Br. lat. 21.27.54 S - Long. 47.00.21 W
gregio@dglnet.com.br
http://members.nbci.com/rosely/Index.htm
http://membro.intermega.com.br/rgregio/
http://construindobjetos.na-webdot net