[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Astronomy magazine's coverage of the 2001 Leonids

November 18, 2001 at 10h UT I believe is November 18, 2001 05 AM EST.  If I were you, I would start observing a little after midnight till dawn.  You subtract five hours from UT to get EST.  I subtract eight hours from UT to get PST on the west coast.  If you are East of Greenwich you would add hours to UT to get local time.

Smillmail2@aol.com wrote:

OK guys....all of this point /counterpoint has left some of us neophytes in the proverbial dust, albeit cometary.

So just when, let's say on the mid Atlantic coast, should we turn our eyes to the skies and hope to see this spectacular light show?   Date, time (EST, please).  Some of us are poets....and just here for the beauty of it all, with a passing, or increasing, interest in the science....so sometimes these communications are more than we want to know!

Susan Miller