[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonids in Australia

>from 55P/Tempel-Tuttle in 1699 and the other in 1866.  Based on the
>Asher/Lyytinen models, the projected peak encounter times between the two
>trails may be separated by as little as 12 (18:07 to 18:19 UT) to as much as
>53 minutes (17:31 to 18:24 UT). This is an important factor regarding the
>view from eastern Australia.

Hi, Joe, thanks for the follow up on this message. I was curious, though, about
the "Asher/Lyytinen models" you mention. Have Dave and Esko published something
together on the Leonids that I'm not aware of? Or is this just a short hand for
"the Asher/McNaught and Lyytinen/Van Flandern models taken together"?

If it's the latter, I would propose a better shorthand: "AMLV models"... ? :)

Lew