[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Ready to move forward with Leonid observing

Hi,

   I'm a newbie in meteor observing, even though i have been observing
showers since 1996, i'd usually settled in trying to get a glimpse of a
"shooting star". But now i would really like to move forward and since i get
to live in a privileged place (country side at 650 m. of altitude), i would
like to start making real observations i.e. plotting meteors. I would really
appreciate if you could point me to some webpages or give some bibliography
on this.

   By the way i'm trying to get my friends to go with me observing the
Leonids and i would really appreciate if you could tell me wich would be the
right date and time to get them captivated with meteor observing, I live in
Portugal and my coordinates are 39.51700 N, 8.76700 W .
Thanks, and clear skies for everybody

Samuel da Costa, Portugal