[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) (OT?) Meteorite hit Flight 800 theory

>Sorry to interrupt the list with this then. It must've been covered before
>I joined the METEOROBS list. I thought this was new information on that
>topic so I was just forwarding it along.

Sorry if my reply seemed a little daunting, Sid! I sure didn't mean it to be.

We frequently have topics come up more than once on 'meteorobs', as the years
go by, and new people come onboard. There's nothing wrong with that! But if a
topic is not particularly related to the observation of meteors, and if it's
also particularly emotional like this topic seems to be, then our long-time
list readers really appreciate not having to "cover rough ground over again".

Also, we are nearing by far our busiest time of year historically - the weeks
leading up to and during the Leonid peak! So ALL of us will be overwhelmed by
fascinating 'meteorobs' posts before too long now. Soon now, I will probably
get quite "Draconian" (pun intended!) with my "stay on topic" warnings... :)

Clear skies all, and please keep on thinking about us when your Web surfing
and reading happens to bring up meteor-related topics!

Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@atmob.org>