[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Alignments

>I support the idea of allowing .txt attachments of full meteor reports...

Unfortunately, this is simply a bad idea: If you think it is difficult
trying to find a "fixed width" font setting on your email client (I am
willing to bet there probably is one, by the way), then imagine someone's
chagrin at trying to translate a file attached in BINARY PC format, when
they are reading email from a TEXT-BASED UNIX emailer... A real problem!

Better to work out the problem of lining up tables for yourself, and to
send these reports as "inline text" rather than attachments, I think.

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer

Follow-Ups: References: