[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Alignments

From someone on a fixed-width UNIX e-mailer (pine), all three of Sid's
recent tests came out aligned (well apart from the summation of Teff
which I think was deliberate).  The second attempt last week failed to
align.  So well done Sid.  By convention a .txt file would normally
contain plain text on my system, not binary.

M$ Windows specific (note it's not the same as PC specific) binary
attachments just go in the bin.  I also saved many megabytes of disc
space a few months ago, manually removing the html copies of messages.
Please can we stick to the plain text.

If your e-mail tool doesn't support fixed-width founts (and Like Lew I'd
be surprised if it didn't) please find one that does.  There are simply
too many messages to absorb if one has to work hard to decipher.  When
I receive reports I prefer hyphens to zeroes for empty columns.  They
stand out.

Malcolm Currie