[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: DanielHankey-definition of terms

Hello Daniel,
   Very well said by a veteran observer.1967?????I was still a gleam in my
father's eye!
   "The Train is the aft streak of a [meteor] in progress."So maybe the Train
should be measured and reported in degrees of length when possible?
   "A Trail is the remaining after glow of material and/or ionization left
when the meteor is extinguished."This Trail can then be measured and reported
in seconds that it is visible?And finally,"Wake"is just a longer lasting
Persistent Trail.
   Is that an acceptable way of reporting it to NAMN when it's
possible?During busy observing periods it might be difficult,at least for
me,to handle all that!
-SID!
=======================================
Sidney Ferreira