[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) space junk over Ohio?

"Dr. Tony Phillips" <phillips@spacesciences.com> schrieb:
>Hi everyone -- I just received this question from a Science@NASA
>reader.  Does anyone know if there was a piece of space junk
disintegrating
>over Ohio last night?
>
>Thanks!  Tony
>
>>From: JLMBA@webtvdot net

ETAsAhQq2E9Lcjcw8Arn71PSxEokTChBOAIUWw+ysLkdYaotavf1I41cZL3gMPo=
>>Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:56:04 -0400 (EDT)
>>To: phillips@spacesciences.com
>>Subject: Who can I ask ?
>>

>>    Hi
>>
>>     Who can I ask if there was any space junk that fell in central
Ohio
>>on 10-18-01, at about 8:22pm..  I saw a white burning object falling
>>from the sky last nite..  It had some sparks trailing it and went out
>>just before it would have hit the ground..  It didnt look to far
away,
>>but that can be deceiving.. Please let me know if I can ask anyone
who
>>watches such things on radar if there may have been something in my
>>area...
>>
>>   Thank You
>>    Jeff Mehok
>
>The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org
>If you are interested in complete links on the upcoming LEONIDS, see:
>http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html
>To stop getting email from the 'meteorobs' list, use the Web form at:
>http://www.meteorobs.org/subscribe.html

Hello,

As a decay and reentry analyst - see the SeeSat-L@satobs.org list - and
also working for some groups at ESA and NASA let me say there was no
satellite or debris reentry during the  last 24 hours. The last decay
was on Oct 18, 10:04 UTC over the the Torres Street, visible from the
northern tip of Australia (Thursday Island).

Harro

Harro.Zimmer@t-onlinedot de
Berlin, Germany
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html