[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Orionids Sat AM 20th Oct from KS

Hi all,  I got just over an hour of complete dark-sky
site observing done earlier this morning 22 milesS of Overland Park KS,
facing SSE at 70 degree elevation in our center of view.
Ashley saw 12 Orionids, 1 Northern Taurid, 1 Southern Taurid and 3 Sporadics
from 313-0409, zenithal star was 6.2.  My quick report shows
1 Orionid and 1 Sporadic, from 313-318 local CST,  followed by the
complete hour 318-418 count of: 13 Orionids, 1 STA, 2 NTA, a -1 Erid.,
1 Epsilon Geminid, a a possible mag. 0 Leo Minorid, with 4 sporadics.
Highlight of the session was 2 Orionids, seen both by my 9 yr. old
daughter & I about 1 second apart shooting N thru Auriga mag 2 and
3.  We plan on watching the max tonite and also Mon AM if clear skies
continue in the Midwest.  Activity seems normal,  Orionids characterized
as fainter this year, many trained.
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html