[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Orionids from East GA

        I observed for two hours teff this morning, trying out a new site that has poorer LM's but is much closer to home...the golf course on the edge of town.  I was pleasantly suprised to find my L.M.s hovering near the +6.0 mark!  Activity was OK but my Orionid rate stayed in the single digits for both periods.  There was a flurry of three STA's between 8:20 and 8:22 UT, the first two occuring within eight or so seconds of each other.  The magnitude range for most of the meteors stayed on the faint side all night.  A somewhat unremarkable session, except for the fact that it was nice to be able to get back out under the skies and reacquaint myself with the constellations again.  I don't usually face west as I did this morning, and it took me a few minutes to orient myself, especially after having observed so infrequently in the past few months.

Kim Y.
OBSERVER:  Kim S. Youmans (YOUKI)  DATE:10-19/20-01
BEGIN: 07:35UT  END 09:40UT  LOCATION:  Treutlen Co, Ga.
-82.384 W;  32.597 N   METHOD: Tape
Elev 250 ft  Facing West
2 periods, sky 0% obscured, 0 breaks

Period 1  07:35 - 08:38 UT