[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Best field center...what say you?

Sid and All,

For the Orionids I like to face due south at an elevation of 60-70
degrees. This places my field of view near the antihelion radiant early
in the session. As dawn approaches the Orionid and Epsilon Geminid
radiants have drifted well within my field of view. By looking way over
in Andromeda, it would be difficult to distinguish between the ORI's and
the EGE's.

You may have read in the NASA Orionid article that you should face 90
degrees from the radiant. I disagree with this as you need to have a
radiant within your field of view to accurately categorize it. This
means that the radiant can be located anywhere from the center of your
field of view out to 45 degrees.

I hope this helps!

Bob Lunsford
(who is grounded tonight due to high clouds and work) :(

Sid, wrote:

>Hello, What would be the most advantageous field center over the next week or so?I've been looking in the area of M31 and am not sure if I should swing more northward this weekend.

Clear skies,
-SID!
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html