[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) where art thou Orionids?

At 08:14 AM 10/22/2001 +1000, you wrote:
>One thing I found obvious was that meteors detected on the car radio
>were not seen, whereas those that I did see did not reflect any FM
>signal.

That would be because those reflecting radio waves from hundreds of, or a
thousand miles, away would be low on the horizon, while those which you saw
in the sky at elevation angles between 45 and 70 degrees would reflect
signals which are already audible without atmospheric enhancement.

Clear skies,
SteveH

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html