[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Radio Orionids 2001 in Brisbane, Australia

Hi

Here are my radio detection results for the last 3 days. The main
activity, at least on my system, seems to be around 14 - 17 hrs UTC
(which is midnight to 3 am local time {non daylight savings}). I
wouldn't say the activity was that high though.

Here is a GIF file visualising my data for October. It's much easier
to see the "peak" in the GIF than the raw data.

	http://www.uqdot net.au/~zzbyoung/meteors/oct2001.gif

     |   October 2001
  UT |  19  20  21
----+--------------
   0h|   9  19  12
   1 |   4   4  10
   2 |   1  13   6
   3 |   4   9  11
   4 |   4   5   6
   5 |   3   7   3
   6 |   2   3   3
   7 |   8   5   6
   8 |   5   1   4
   9 |   5   5   7
  10 |   8   4   4
  11 |   9  23   9
  12 |  16  16  16
  13 |  18  15  18
  14 |  23  25  55
  15 |  44  61  52
  16 |  43  52  57
  17 |  42  37  39
  18 |  28  29  42
  19 |  29  40  41
  20 |  24  37  31
  21 |  30  33  32
  22 |  36  38  42
  23 |  19  29  35
----+-------------
  UT |  19  20  21
     |   October 2001

Notes:
.  local time = UT + 10 hours

Observer:     Bruce Young
Location:     Deception Bay, Queensland, Australia  (27 12' S, 153 2' E)
Frequencies:  88.3 MHz
Transmitter:  88.3 MHz ABC Classic FM, 80 kW transmitter
Location      Cootamundra, New South Wales (960 km)
Antenna:      3-element Yagi FM, horizontally polarised,
               azimuth 215 degrees (SW), elevation 0 deg.
Amplifier:    TV masthead amplifier 15 dB gain VHF
Receiver:     Samsung domestic type FM radio, digital tuning
Observing:    Electronic interface on LINE output audio signal is fed in
method        COM1: of PC IBM 486 25 MHz.
               METEOR v 5.1 version processes the signal and records on
               floppy disk the time of the events.
               METEOR parameters: THRESHOLD = 8

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html