[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) where art thou Orionids?

In a message dated 10/22/01 2:23:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time, PDGebhardt@cs.com writes:

>>Your comment about not seeing and hearing the meteors simultaneously is
basically a mathematics (or optics, if you prefer) problem. We went through
this several years ago in the meteor detection group which I head up. We
spent hours and hours and hours trying to see and hear meteors simultaneously
-- without success. Once we figured it out, it was obvious.<<

There was a time when I visually observed and listened to meteors simultaneously. This was for about 3 or 4 years. Anyhow, I use to see a fair number of meteors simultaneously. I seem to recall that I was seeing and hearing simultaneous meteors about 1/5 of the total that I would hear.
GeoZay