From: Tom Fleming
To: Meteor
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2001 7:13 AM
Subject: (meteorobs) transformers

About transformers exploding..
I have witnessed several and most of us have watched tornado video. They can rival lightning in brightness. Their characteristic color is an emeral green but the perception of the actual color can be distorted by various conditions.
Of particular note was an event in Dallas in May of 1966 during a severe storm. What caused the failure in detail, I cant say, but an entire substation failed. We were in the middle of this rain and hail and when the substation failed the entire sky lit up emerald green. I was 10 miles from the site. The entire north east quadrant of Dallas lost power.
Tom