[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Fireballs over Belguim?

A very bright fireball has been witnessed over Europe. Most reports I've
seen where from the Netherlands, but it has also been seen in France, the
UK, Belgium, Denmark, Norway and Finland. One report speaks of an impact in
Finland.

The meteor appeared at 19:20 UT and was had a brightness of at least -14.
Som reports speak of a sky turning bleuish and suggest a brightness of at
least -20. The origin and direction indicate it was a Taurid.

A first report has been assembled by Casper ter Kuile of the DMS and is
available at the Dutch Meteor Society webpages at: www.dmsweb.org Follow the
top news link to" Very bright FIREBALL! - october 27 at 19:20:20 UT"

Daniel van Os