[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) TO ALL NEWCOMERS ON 'meteorobs'... [please read]

Hello and "Welcome!" to the many people who are subscribing to our list now, in
anticipation of the Leonid meteor shower in mid-November.

Just a short reminder: the PURPOSE of our list is the encouragement of amateur
meteor observing, and discussion of the SCIENCE which motivates that observing.

We welcome a certain limited number of "how can I see a good show" questions,
since after all, the hope of a good show is what keeps us wanting to observe!

But if you are seeking *predictions* about this year's Leonids, please do not
post your query immediately on our list! Instead, PLEASE BROWSE the following
page, and follow some of the many links there to the professional community:

    http://www.meteorobs.org/showers.html

(And If there are any links you feel should be added to that page, please do
email me privately about them! I'll try to get everything I can on there...)

May you all have a restful Full Moon, and clear skies for the Leonids!
--
Lew Gramer
owner-meteorobs@atmob.org

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html