[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) daylight obs of Leonids

In a message dated 10/30/2001 7:13:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
enders_gt1@prodigydot net writes:

<< I have no experience here. I will use my house to shield the sun and
observe toward the west.
 My view will be restricted below 20 degrees and the eastern half of the sky
will be blocked, so i will probably just face west at an angle of 45 degrees.
 I find the comment on the 1999 burst interesting with none brighter than -6.
I was going a bit on the '66 storm when fireballs were more numerous.

Tom:

You might try looking at a 90 degree angle from the Sun, because
of the polarization effect.  The sky will be darker at that angle.  This
could also be above you, facing away from the Sun.  Try this on a
clear day.  Maybe even using a camera polarizing filter or a light
yellow filter will help make the sky even darker in these directions.

Bob Young
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html