[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) daylight obs of Leonids

Hi all !

Tom :
>I find the comment on the 1999 burst interesting with none brighter
than -6. I was going a bit on the '66 storm when fireballs >were more
numerous.

In fact, there was some very bright bolid in 1999, probably up to -8 or -10
a few dozen of minutes before the peak. I saw several of them, like blue or
green thunderlight just above some thin clouds. More, a very big bolid,
probably -14 was seen by dozens of observers from southwest of France to
northern Italy and Corse.

Christophe

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html