[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Europe: fireball(s) after 21:30 CET on 27 Oct?

Hi Frits.

I am sorry I have to disappoint you.
The very most of the reports on this extremely bright fireball indicate one
single event and not on more fireballs.
It is however very well possible members of the public do not mention the
correct time because they do not have a watch at hand and it produces the
incorrect time. So a lot of different timings are spreading around. But as
we have compared all the reports we are very sure we have to deal with a
single event.

Please consult http://www.dmsweb.org for latest details.

I discussed the fireball tonight with Jacob Kuiper from our National
Weather Institute "KNMI" and we decided to publish all reports on the
fireball at the DMS website as soon as possible. Regrettably we are not in
the position to translate these Dutch reports into English so please try to
learn some Dutch :-(

Regards,

Casper.