От: Casper ter Kuile <casper.ter.kuile@dmsweb.org>
Кому: meteorobs@atmob.org <meteorobs@atmob.org>
Копия: fwestra@hetnetdot nl <fwestra@hetnetdot nl>
Дата: 31 октября 2001 г. 22:53
Тема: Re: (meteorobs) Fireball, October 27, 2001 at 19:20:20 UT

Hi Andrei and Frits,

Sorry again to you and Frits.
We have compared a lot of reports on this fireball and it is highly certain
we do have only one, extremely bright, fireball.

We are still investigation the observational details, so the published
speed at the DMS website might be to high indeed.
Hopefully we are able to clarify this aspect within the very near future.

You may notice too we are not confident with the origin (stream) of this
fireball.
It might seem obvious we have to deal with a Taurid because the fireball
was heading from east to west and the Taurid radiant was low in the eastern
sky. But as we learned from reports from observers in the western part of
Belgium and in the south-western part of the Netherlands the angle of
entrance of the fireball is quite steep, probably more than 45 degrees.

We are investigation all possibilities and will publish results at our DMS
website at http://www.dmsweb.org

Regards,

Casper.