[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Just joined the list. Hello to all.

Hi everyone,

Just saying a quick hello to you all from Adelaide, South Australia. Just a quick background info, I have been interested in Astronomy for quite some time now and my main love is observing comets and meteor shows. I often find myself looking up when I go outside hoping a really nice meteor streaks across the sky. Since November 16th, 1998 I have become more interested in the Leonid meteor shower, to tell you the truth, I hardly knew anything about it, and it wasn't until 1998 that I had actually observed the shower. Since then I have every year gone out to watch it, with mixed results. By far the best display was in 1998 with very nice meteors streaking overhead with very long trains which were visible for quite some time afterwards. I will always remember this.

Anyway looking forward to this next week with the Leonids returning again.

regards

Andrew Wall
(South Australia)