[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) How to send Leonids observations?

>The only point I would have, and who cares what I have to say, is that the
>Bortle Scale is a poor substitute for determining limiting magnitude. LM is not
>at all difficult to determine. It's just counting stars in a predetermined area

You make an excellent point, Kevin! Of course, Francisco goes to the trouble of
including BOTH his average LM estimates and a Bortle Scale number: this may be
the best of all worlds, and is what I am trying to do these days, too.

But as Kevin says, if you have to choose just ONE number to give, please give a
Limiting Magnitude estimate - and one taken by IMO Star Count method if you can.

Clear skies!
Lew Gramer

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html