[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Taurid?? meteor spotted from Adelaide, SA.

Hi all,

I just went outside and found myself looking skyward once again. At 11amUT
I saw a meteor approx +2mag going through Pegasus, it had a long slim not
very bright trail with a medium sized nucleus, color was white. The meteor
lasted close to 3 seconds during it's travel. It started somewhere close to
Alpha Aries and completed it's path near theta Pegasus (close to 60 degrees
of travel). I immediately went back inside and loaded my Planetarium program
to plot the course of the meteor and noticed that it's path came from
Taurus. Would this be a possible Taurid Meteor? I am unfamiliar with this
shower as I have not observed them personally.

regards

Andrew Wall
Adelaide, South Australia.

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html