[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: best radio freq. for leonids

Mark -
Depending on what type of antennas you have, FM would be more the go,
due to the high power of FM stations. To get ham stuff you'd need big
antenna arrays & preamps & a comminucations receiver.
FM gear is much cheaper & easier to install.

To the engineer - who said he had a report from Italy of Florida FM -
sounds too far fetched to me. Poss. a hoax call. I've never heard of
sporadic-E going that far before. As far as I know, the record (for FM
skip)is Australia to American Samoa (approx 3,500 km). Was this
Italian report substansiated?

Cheers to all & heaps of Leonids!!
Geoff.