[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) weather prospects

Title: Re: (meteorobs) weather prospects
Hi, especially Chris Crawford,

My name is Doug Stanton and I'm flying from Northern California (North of Sacramento in Live Oak, CA near Yuba City) to Phoenix, AZ. I'm leaving on AM Nov 16th and returning to Sacramento on PM Nov 19th. I am interested in your project, but already have a spot in the desert near Mesa, AZ to watch the Leonids.

I've been going to AZ for the last 4 years for the show .... last year's was great even under that bright moon; I missed seeing any 2 years before that because the predictions were off by 16 hours or so and I was still in California under rainy skies when the fireballs, etc. started occurring.

Anyway, I guess I just want you and  the world to know that I'm stepping out to be noticed: I'm a person who is really looking forward to this wonderful light show, and I'm taking my step-grandson with me to AZ too (he'll only miss two days of school for what might be a great experience).

As far as helping your count, please email me your specifics and planned whereabouts for the nights of the 16th, 17th, and 18th. More than likely, I won't be able to help you; but "hey", you never know. (I'm afraid that time is too short for me to become prepared and that counting might take away from the experience. I almost became an official counter once and the requirements for the task seemed daunting.)

Clear skies,

Douglas Stanton
http:www.diabetesonline.com