[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Weather prospects for Adelaide, S Aust.

Just been out for a morning of meteor hunting, Just testing myself ready for
the up coming week. I observed from 1600 UT to 1730UT, with a couple of
breaks inbetween. Cloud was a big problem right upto 1645UT when it started
to clear up a bit.

 I did see 1 Leonid, 1 Taurid and 2 Sparodic meteors in that time along with
11 Satellites. Not to bad for a test run.

Upcoming forecast looks a little dim for Saturday viewing with High cloud
moving in on Friday and a passing shower on Saturday, but other than that
doesn't look too bad.

Forecasts from the Bureau of Meteorology.

FORECAST FOR THE ADELAIDE METROPOLITAN AREA
Issued at 5:15 am on Tuesday, 13 November 2001
For Tuesday.
ADELAIDE METROPOLITAN AREA
Tuesday    :   Cloudy morning with a drizzly shower or two, clearing to a
fine
afternoon with sunny breaks. Cool with light to moderate southwest to
southeast
winds.

Next three days for Adelaide City :
Wednesday  :   Min 10   Max 23   Fine. Sunny day.
Thursday   :   Min 12   Max 27   Fine. Sunny day.
Friday     :   Min 16   Max 31   Fine. High cloud.

TREND for Saturday, Sunday and Monday :
A shower or two early in the weekend, then fine. Becoming cooler with the
maximum temperatures dropping to near 20 degrees.

More forecasts can be found here for S Australia,
http://www.bomdot gov.au/weather/sa/forecasts.shtml

I plan to be out on Sunday Morning weather permitting, also Monday morning.

regards

Andrew W
Paralowie, S Australia.

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html