[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) narrowing it down (some clarification)

you guys are great. for the record, assos is the ancient greek name of a place
also known as Behramkale...you may find that on maps these days. i'm about 12km
north of the greek island of mytilini (aka Lesbos) at the southern end of the
Dardanelles and due east of the greek mainland...east of Salonika. i'm also
about an hour's drive from ancient Troy (truva on some maps).

i believe my coordinates are 39.5845 N  26.2082 E

okay, so what i understand is that i should probably count on being out on
saturday/sunday night and sunday/monday night, correct?

and for the record, the leonids in '98 were super here...but '99 was a
washout...last year i think i was in istanbul and missed them entirely but the
moon interfered anyway (or did i dream that?)

and for those of you commenting on my wonderful english.........yup, it's still
pretty good even though i've been away from the USA since '88!!! i'm a native
Philadelphian!!

if anyone has any other suggestions or questions, don't hesitate to write...even
offlist. i need all the help i can get and i'll be happy to answer questions
about the region if anyone's interested.

thanks again. you are a super group!!

arlene in assos

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html