[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observing sites around Los Angeles

I live in the L.A. area and plan on observing.  A few ideas would be:

	Hwy. 39, San Gabriel Mountain area (off 605 Fwy. & 210 Fwy.)
	Angeles Crest Hwy. (Hwy. 2) above the La Canada area.

	If you want to drive apprx. 100 miles or so away for definite dark
skies:  Anza Borrego National Park (so. of Palm Springs)
	Joshua Tree National Park (no. of Palm Springs off 10 Fwy.)

Let me know if you need any other ideas.  I will probably be going to
the San Gabriel Mtn. location unless I get a ride otherwise.

I keep hearing it's going to be pretty spectacular.  Last year, it
wasn't.  The year before, it wasn't too bad.  Just know that L.A. almost
always will have cloudy skies on that night, so, you have to prepare to
do a little bit of driving.

Linda Ainsworth

"by way of Brewster LaMacchia " wrote:

> Sam Barricklow <k5kj@pulsedot net> is not a member of the list, please include his address in your response
>
> (stand-in list elf while meteorobs list Elf Emeritus Lew is chasing Leonids in China)
>
> Brewster LaMacchia
> ========================================Fwd'd message ========================================
>
> I'll be in the LA area for the Leonids.  Are there any organized "meteor
> parties" planned for the area?
>
> Otherwise, I'm looking for suggestions on where to go to observe.
>
> Please reply to sam.barricklow@fnc.fujitsu.com
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sam Barricklow
>
> The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org
> If you are interested in complete links on the upcoming LEONIDS, see:
> http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html
> To stop getting email from the 'meteorobs' list, use the Web form at:
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html

Follow-Ups: References: