[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observing sites around Los Angeles

> If you want to drive apprx. 100 miles or so away for definite dark
> skies:  Anza Borrego National Park (so. of Palm Springs)
> Joshua Tree National Park (no. of Palm Springs off 10 Fwy.)

Ilib=ve in the UK, so I know almost didly squat about US dark skies.

However I went to death valley for the transit of mercury, and followed up
with th Leonids in 1999. Two guys who camped down by the ranch with us
headed off to Jumbo Rocks for the next night - we stayed and enjoyed a nice
view of very little.

We went to Joshua Tree national park the following day, and went to camp at
Jumbo Rocks.

People who were there the night before had to put cars across the entrance
after a time as there were so many Prats coming in from 'Happy Valley' that
there was headlights all over the place. I gather it was a bit of a pain.

Just a small warning.

PS Death Valley was an OK venue - mind you I am a little biased - I just
love the place.

Just my two penneth - Oops cents worth.

Bye for now, and good luck whever you are.

Kevin     UK

www.kevsmith.com

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html

Follow-Ups: References: