[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) A better way to record?

I am planning to write a simple DOS program to run on my laptop PC. It will read keystrokes, and translate each key into a magnitude and LEO/non-LEO and dump each record into a sequential file with timestamp. I will just use 10 keys on the keyboard that most closely match the natural position of my fingers, probably Q,3,4,R,V and N,U,8,9,P. The keys will represent magnitudes -3 to +6, and non-LEO's will get a spacebar.

This shall allow me to observe uninterrupted, not worry about time, batteries, etc. I will run the PC from an inverter connected to the car battery.

Should be a piece of cake. Unfortunatly I've been busy this week, and haven't written the program yet. But its a trivial one, and should be done in a day or so. If anyone wants a copy, I can send it to you on request.

Aloha!
Mike

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html