[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Weather prospects seem consistent....

on 11/13/01 3:30 PM, Tom Kreyche at tkreyche@well.com wrote:

> I'm in Seattle and trying to figure out where to go and how far to drive.
> The current forecasts at the Seattle and Portland NWS web sites are calling
> for dry conditions Sat/Sun...so it is looking reasonably promising. Where
> are you getting your data?

I've been looking at Accuweather.com. Here is the URL for Seattle:

http://www.accuweather.com/adcbin/local_index?nav=home&thisZip=98101&btnzip=
Go

(It may not work if your email program wraps the text, in which case you
have to manually unwrap it.)

They are predicting rain through Thursday, with partly cloudy Friday through
Sunday, and showers on Monday. So there's a chance that you might have clear
skies on Sunday morning -- but I wouldn't want to take that chance. If you
want to get clear of the system, you have to go as far south as the line
Santa Barbara - Las Vegas.

Chris

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html

Follow-Ups: References: