[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Places to observe in/near Wisc?

I am going to be in the Milwaukee area for the leonids, and I was
wondering if anyone could suggest some good dark areas anywhere within the
Wisc/Ill/Iowa/Minn states that we could observe during the night? We dont
mind driving to get a good spot, but it'd be nice to know some spots where
we wont be bothered (at least by non-meteor observer types :) ).

Looking at weather.com our best bets will be south and/or west of
Milwaukee...but who can say for weather this far off :)

Thanks in advance!

Marek Kozubal                      marek@portents.com
Portents, LLC     www.portents.com http://www.portents.com/marek/
Personal Satellite Tracking System www.meridiancontrols.com / www.skyshow.com

            "What makes the universe so hard to understand is that
                    we have nothing to compare it to."

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html