[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Astronomy magazine new online Leonids article

Earlier I found that on the Astronomy magazine Web site there's
a new Leonids article, "Heads up: Here come the Leonids", by
William Schomaker.  I don't remember seeing a reference to it
here, and after the discussion a while back of the print article
that appeared in the magazine, maybe some will be interested in
seeing this one.  I'm pretty sure that it's not the same as the
print article.  Here's the URL:

http://www.astronomy.com/Content/Dynamic/Articles/000/000/000/649bjaia.asp

That URL may get wrapped/broken.  On the home page, the linked
title is below the heading "Hobby":

http://www.astronomy.com/home.asp

They also have very brief "Leonid Meteor Shower Viewing Tips".

I hope everyone everywhere has clear, dark nights and (no
offense to the expert predictors!) that all of the predictions
are conservative underestimates --

Ed Cannon - ecannon@mail.utexasdot edu - Austin, Texas, USA
http://wwwvms.utexasdot edu/~ecannon/meteorlinks.html

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html