[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) my 1st bolide seen

In a message dated 11/15/01 7:06:00 PM Mountain Standard Time, gef@ski.com.au
writes:

 Hey Congrats!!   I've been fortunate to see 3  and i wasnt even looking for
anything.......saw a large meteor here  ( Colorado)  last Saturday night dont
know if i would classify it as a fireball/ bolide  but it was nice size ,
might have even hit.

<< Hi all
 Went out this morning 16/11/01 to a clear sky. I only observed for 1/2
 hour from 17:00 - 17:30 UTC. I saw my 1st bollide ever. It travelled
 slow enough to be able to focus on it & was low down to the north. It
 was about as bright as Jupiter & when it exploded, was as bright as
 Venus. It travelled on a bearing of 65Deg East. It was orange in
 colour, white when exploded.
 I also happen to see a iridium flare about 1 min later (overhead). >>
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html