[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Need Film / Exposure Recommendation

In a message dated 11/15/01 9:55:50 PM Mountain Standard Time,
chris.tarr@attdot net writes:

I've always used 400ASA  Chris  But you might try 800 with the smaller
aperture.  anything over that will probably be pretty grainy i would think.
I havent piggy backed, but get the star trails  let us know how you make out.

<< Okay I am thoroughly confused.  I have seen recommendations
 ranging from 200 - 3200 ISO film for meteor photography.
 I am a novice at this, but want to try a few piggyback
 photos with my SLR and Meade SCT this weekend.

 28 mm at f3.5 is my widest most open setup.

    What film(s) is(are) best for 2, 5, 10, and 15 minute exposures
    in a relative dark skies area with this setup? >>
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html