[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Gotta Get Out of OK - Suggest an Observing Site in NM?

In a message dated 11/16/01 10:52:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
okbrowns2@lycos.com writes:

<< Oklahoma looks to be clouded in Sat/Sun.  My wife and I are thinking of
heading west from Tulsa through the storm system into NM to find clear skies.
 Does anyone have any knowledge of observing locations/events in NM or TX
Panhandle or somewhere clear and reasonably close? >>

When I was out there last I had good views from just outside Cimarron . I was
south of town but can't remember if I was on Rte 21 or 58 but the area was
perfect for me - no nearby mountains and just wide flat plains.  There is
even a nice hotel/motel in town - the St. James.
Hope this helps and it's not too far a drive.

KK

PS - I have no financial interest in the St. James and it's just my opinion
;-)
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html