[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Need Film / Exposure Recommendation

In a message dated 11/16/01 10:31:47 AM Mountain Standard Time,
epmajden@shawdot ca writes:

I agree with Ed here.....  Happy " Trails" :-)
Kevin

<<     You will probably capture more meteors using a standard 50 mm lens
 rather than your 28 mm wide angle.  I know that a wide angle lens seems the
 way to go but the aperture of the lens is more important than the wide field
 coverage.  Our 180 degree Sandia All-sky camera will only record meteors
 brighter than -2.5 - -3.0 magnitude where a 35mm camera with a 50mm standard
 lens will record +1.0 meteors.  Also the image scale is larger so the
 recorded meteors will look nicer.  I use Tri-X 400 ASA film as a standard
 for spectroscopy. >>
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html