[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Leonids fever

Hi Ed (and others)

Tucson's weather is holding up nicely - it was very clear last night, and
today, despite the weather being "officially" partly cloudy. I have noticed
in the past that systems due to move in take longer than expected.

It's true that we are not near as light polluted as other cities our size -
Kitt peak and other telescopes have succeeded in keeping street lights
sodium based etc. Also, a hour drive will get you to a site that has 6.5+
skies...in my backyard it's about 5.5, especially to the north and east.
Last night I was out to 4am as a test run, sweater weather and no dew.

Mark