[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) So CA weather for the Leonids

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Gardner" <rendrag@earthlinkdot net>
To: <meteorobs@atmob.org>; "Astronomers" <astronomer@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 7:00 PM
Subject: (meteorobs) So CA weather for the Leonids

> The extended weather forecast for Southern California is looking good
> though the term "Mostly Clear" has me worried.  I'm not sure how much
> "mostly" is to  meteorologists.  However I am sure it is much better
> than it was in 1998.

That's sort of the problem with the local  public National Weather Service
Forecasts..they're not oriented to the very specific degree of clarity that
amateur astronomers or meteor watchers are looking for...hardly anyone else
cares in more than a very general way how clear the sky is overhead. Thus I rely
more on the model forecasts and satellite cloud movement.

John Krempasky

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html

Follow-Ups: References: