[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: motels inland SW Florida

There is a motel on Fla SR 82 about half a mile west of the intersection
with SR 29, NW of Immokalee.  It's only about 15 miles further west to
Lehigh Acres.  Should sites further south end up being clear, there are
other sites along US 41 near Ochopee than offer LM 7.3-7.5 skies quite
routinely.  This area is between Miami and Naples, closer to Naples.
There used to be a motel around Ochopee also, but I haven't been down that
way in several years.

I'm finally going to get a night of observing Nov 16/17, covering 226 AM EST
to dawn.

Norman

>So, uh, Mark, are you admitting itinerants from Dade, er Miami-Dade, County?
>Mostly joking, but if your site is within 30 min of a clean motel, I might
>like to avail myself of a dark and quiet spot.
>Thanks
>Dale
>email private if you like: biscayne@shadowdot net
>PS Tod might be interested also