[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonid Fireballs

Hi everyone, just came in from about 3.5 Teff under variable skies here in
NJ. The first two hours were almost Leonid free (0700-0900 UT, 0200-0400
EST), but the last had at least 7 LEO, including 4 0r 5 better than 0 Mag,
including a -3 and -4. Not bad for 24 hours pre peak. Should be interesting
to see if the bright ones continue as predawn creeps westward across the
continent. I will begin transcribing tapes now, it will take a bit since I
plotted all non LEOs. Did see some activity from near Auriga, should be
interesting to see if the little lines conincide. Quick report will be
submitted as soon as I'm done, BEFORE I go to sleep. Good luck everyone!

Wayne
NJAA

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html